Chocolate Pants The Unicorn
A downloadable game for Windows
Chocolate Pants The Unicorn is a Roguelike video game where your character is attempting to free Chocolate Pants The Unicorn from a multi-dimensional dungeon they are trapped in after falling into Pandora's Box.
- Hack and Slash dungeon crawl
- Roguelike - (procedural generation, perma-death)
- A focus on tactical combat and new enemies on each level
ALERT: CANCELLED DEVELOPMENT!
I stopped developing this game in 2018 when my father passed away. I tried to reboot the project in early 2019 but unfortunately several important project dependencies were no longer supported and attempting to upgrade to Unity 2018/2019 badly broke the project. Therefore I have fully cancelled the project and as such this stands as demo of a cancelled project.
Systems / Technical Info:
- Current Platform(s) : Microsoft Win 7 or Windows 10+ (DirectX 11 capable)
- Requirements: Have not yet been determined but expect a mid-range gaming system with 4GB of ram, a dedicated video card for the best experience and approximately 1G of disk space required to install.
Download and extract game to a folder of your choosing. Windows 10 users will receive a smart screen prompt asking you to trust the application (click more and accept). Antivirus may also scan the app. Let your AV complete its scan before starting the game.
- launch game, and choose Quickstart
- open inventory with either "i" or by clicking on player portrait
- equip gear (weapon, armor) by right clicking or drag & drop
- go to spells tab at top of inventory and equip healing spell looks like a 'hand' on your slot that you didn't put your weapon OR your main action bar
- either 'walk into' an enemy (classic rogue like combat) or click on the weapon icon on your portrait to swing it
- Cast spells by clicking on them on your hot bar - in the case of heal you will get a 'cast icon' and have to cast it on yourself by clicking on your portrait
INVENTORY: I or click player portrait
ATTACK: Move into enemy or click on an equipped weapon icon
Camera Angle Toggle: F2 to cycle
Explore the first level dungeon and defeat any foes you run across. The demo ends once you take the stairs to level 2.
You may quit and restart and a new random dungeon will be generated.
Download game and extract to a folder of your choice. Run the ChocolatePantsDemo.exe file and if needed allow Microsoft Windows Defender and any AntiVirus screens to pass and confirm dialogues.